May 31, 2007

ambergris

i didn't not know it
until it's too late
                                   never
i'd known
have always known
and knowingly let you closer in
      (i for love)
when you dove depths in search of me
      (you for treasure)
i believe you could slice
deeper than the depths i dwell
you of arms as strong
as those fingers are gentle
wielding the sickle
that shone like the moon
you promised me

you who have preservered
      where others have not
are the one who carves
on me the gaping incision
(the smile my mouth could never form)
and with those fingers subtle
      slowly      delicately
tear me apart
                            not
for the heart of my soul
which to you is completely
      worthless
but for the priceless nugget
you will exchange for boundless
      bounty

it is this
                      (and not i)
that is the treasure
in your eyes

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home