January 17, 2007

Untitled

I feel it inside me      I don’t know
how to describe it      but I can’t
help      picturing it      how I’m nothing
but a shadow on a wall      and all
that can be seen is it
a golden ball      a firebird      a bright
burning hurt
which can’t be controlled or contained
I’m juggling      struggling      wrestling
with it      a futile fight      I seem
to have no right over it
it is in me      but it doesn’t belong to
me      I feed on it      or maybe      it feeds
on me      or      we feed on each other      bleed
the other dry      colorless      of life
so I am nothing      but a dark spot
a shade      a silhouette      a specter
wraith on the wall      writhing from      violently
resisting      and       desperately ravenously
devouring
it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home