December 03, 2005

Untitled

Here, take my palm
and tell me about the lines
along which my life unfolds,
the threads that link my past to
      my present,
and which weave my future.

Tell me,
what do you see?

Do you see yourself
in my memories,
or as my gift;

are you my destiny?

If you do not -
and are not -
let me unpick these frayed
      strands
      from my palms,
and let me unpick those
      on yours.

These will I spin
      into a single yarn,
      into a single thread;

I will dye it red.

Then I will piece together
the scraps of our checkered pasts,
      our spotted presents;
and, with this red thread,
sew them on to the pure, lush silk
      of our future:

I will stitch a Charm quilt
that joins us across the fabric
      of time,
threading us together
from one lifetime
to the next.



28th Nov – 3rd Dec 2005

1 Comments:

Blogger Φ said...

pure brilliance..never heard of a well kintted providence as this..:)

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home