June 05, 2005

Untitled

Wouldn’t it be nice
if there were some kind of a
universal Lost-and-Found
for everything?

“Lost your cell-phone,
brolly, keychain,
bobbypin –
something, anything?
Fret not – you’ll find it here.

“Here – did you say you've lost
a little cloth pouch with
a rainbow sewed-on stuffed gecko
or a sparkly sewed-on stuffed frog?

“Did you lose your temper,
your childhood, or heart?
Well, those are a little trickier
but not impossible to find –
try the third shelf on your left.”


Me?
Oh, I don’t actually work here -
oh no, I’m just … here.

Okay, honestly?
I stuck myself here.

Well,
see, someone lost me – the half of themselves,
the half of their soul – so here I am,
at the Lost-and-Found.

Say,
if you come across someone who is only
half the person they can be,
let them know where they can find me,

would you?



3rd – 5th June 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home