April 02, 2005

Untitled

Juliet’s true and final Paramour,
You were never satisfied;
Always in want of a little more,
O the Flames of Desire you ignite!

Of the seven Shades of Love,
You are the seventh and the last –
The one everybody is in awe of,
The one nobody is able to bypass.

The first is of Attraction
When two souls meet and spark,
And the second is of Infatuation
Which is sometimes dazzling – sometimes dark.

Passion is the third in line,
Both resplendently vivid and forceful;
Then comes Reverence divine
That turns each lover prayerful.

Soon it comes to Worship’s reign
And lovers beneath the pedestal revere;
But Obsession soon to power lays claim
And all the brilliance of Love’s lights disappear -

For you are next, the seventh Shade and last,
The one no lover is able to bypass -
The one most absolute and inexorable:
The final chapter, the Immortal Lust.

Juliet’s true and final Paramour,
You were never satisfied;
Always in want of a little more,
O the Flames of Desire you ignite!

Here I welcome you with open arms:
My neck is bared and my palms upturned;
I await your devastating charms -
For I always to your sovereignty return.

Here I am, all of me for you to claim,
Here I am for you to initiate into the arcane.

I worship you, my Immortal Death,
An Immortal Spirit, forever undead;
And now with my final waning breath,
Won’t you claim me on our wedding bed?



24th Jan 2004 - 2nd April 2005

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

death is definitely seductive. i like the concept of 'seven shades of love'. it sort of hinges on dante's seven circles of hell. layers and etc. perhaps i'm reading too much into things again, but this one can be analysed to death and still have more left over!

you need one of those scary titles :)

4:40 PM  
Blogger s said...

the 'seven shades of love' idea is not wholly original - i got if off the online promo of Dil Se.

one of Jen's suggestions for its title is 'Love Song for the Grim Reaper' ...

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home