April 14, 2005

Old Friend

Ours is a curious friendship.

She comes and goes as she wishes, of her own accord, in and out of my life; she has never followed anybody’s directive, never listened.

I never know when or where she’d turn up, but I’ve long ceased to be surprised.

How can I?

She has become, by now, an old friend – my old friend; and when she comes, she brings with her her enigmatic aura and her bewitching charm.

I can never resist her – not completely, by any means.

When she appears, she makes me forget about how long she has been away, and I never ask why: why she went away, why she is now back – why, to me.

I guess ours is peculiar relationship – really a strange sort of flirtation.

She and I, we attract each other.

Sometimes, this attraction frightens me - though I doubt it scares her; I don’t think there is anything at all that would scare her.

I can only guess why she goes out of my life: she loves me too much; and she comes back into my life when she cannot stand our separation any longer – she misses me as much I miss her.

I think of her when she’s gone, wonder where she’s gone, wonder when she’ll be back.

I know she will be back in my life; she always does.

She has now gone away, and I miss her so.

I imagine if one day she should suddenly appear, suddenly materialize in front me and grab me, grab me by my hair - I will not be surprised; but I wonder now how hard I would try to fight her off.

If I would try at all.

Maybe I wouldn’t.

Probably not at all.

She hasn’t visited in awhile now, but then she has always come and gone as she pleases; wilder than the wind, she blows me away to cry.

But I know – I know - when the day finally arrives that she wants me too much to stay away, must have me too immensely to care even about me, I will wake up to find my hair twisted in her grasp, her nose glancing mine, her lips a breath away, tantalizing mine …

And even if it hurts, my hair in her strong grip, my body pinned beneath hers, I will lean up to meet her, to surrender to her …

Because I want her just as much.

My eyes close.

I let her take me.



10th April 2005
(Edited: 14th April 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home