April 07, 2005

Apology

I’m so sorry
my Sinister Hand
that I didn’t
even realize
You were hurt
injured -

You carried on
like it was
something
mundane -
without a single
grumble
or complain.

And when I looked
at You and
saw the
mark the
blood
I was aghast
at the injury
you’d sustained
and marveled
that You
didn’t seem to be
in
pain.

I’m so
terribly sorry –
I know how I’ve
let
You
down!

In this right-handed world
You have been
ignored -

even
disdained

but You
always
carry on
Your unsung work
and stoic silence
You maintain.

You are silent

You are
strong.

Dearest Hand
step out
now

yell
howl
growl -

let the whole world
know
that they’ve been wrong;

let those Right Hands know
You

are here
were here and
will
always
be
here.

Demand apologies

like
this apology
I’m offering
You

demand
that
everyone

repent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home