March 20, 2005

On Her Wedding Day

The mehndi adorning your graceful hands –
that is what I wish I were,
that is what I want to be.

So when people look at your beautiful
bride’s hands, they’d see my stamp
on you - the stain of crushed henna leaves
a transient allegory of our
once timeless bond.

I am only human,
and am neither noble
     nor enlightened;
therefore I cannot truly wish
for the tint of your mehndi
to be as dark as the kajal
lining your eyes,
or for it to be
forever unfading -
the consequences of which
I cannot and will not
be able to bear.

For seven births now
you will be his;

now for seven births
I will have to wait
for you.



19th – 20th March 2005

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seven births? is it reincarnation? as in after 7 lifetimes i can finally meet my soulmate? that's a freakin' long time come to think about it - and how does one know which lifetime they're at?

12:27 PM  
Blogger s said...

honestly? it was just something i watched in a Hindi movie, how, being married to someone ties your karmas together for seven lifetimes.

how does one know which lifetime they're at? fuck if i know ...

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home