October 18, 2004

Fairytale

Blame it on the fairytales –
I am waiting to be rescued,
I want to be saved!

In case my rescuer –
Tall, dark, dangerous
And gorgeous –
Should miss me;
In case whoever it is
Should not be able to
Recognize me,
Damsel in Distress,

I’ve rented a siren-red cape
(good thing red’s my color)
And will be wearing one
Glass slipper
(it’s really made of clear PVC –
you’ve no idea how difficult it is
to find glass slippers in the stores
these days).

It might be awhile before my hair
Grows to a Guinness Book of
World Record length, but that’s
Not a problem;

I’ve got all the time in the world
To let it grow out –
After I prick myself with this
Spindle
(found it at an antique shop –
had to spend some time
bargaining the price down
but it’s worth it),

And take a bite out of this
Poisoned apple
(it’s not really poisoned –
I’m not that dumb –
I’ve merely coated it with
A bottle of crushed
Sleeping pills).

All right, so here I go …

Yucks!
(Note to Self:
Pills are bitter –
Mix a little sugar
In it next time.)

What?
What’s that you’re saying about
Rip Va

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home